Tuesday, December 10, 2013

habit forming

Think Kit Day 10: What habits did you start this year that you would like to continue? 

I've been a vegetarian for 16 years, and have often thought about going vegan. I've seen Forks Over Knives, know about the China Study and am aware of the adverse effects eating animal protein have on my health. But when I thought about it, the idea of switching seemed daunting. Would I get enough protein? What would I have for dinner? What about pizza? Also, I would miss cheese.
cheeeeeeeeeese

Somewhere I heard about the book VBS (Vegan Before Six) written by the food journalist, Mark Bittman. What a great idea! I could eat vegan for breakfast and lunch and vegetarian for dinner. And that was the beginning. So far I'm averaging probably 6 days a week eating vegan during the day. Some weeks I can go all week, some I just can't resist the homemade goodies someone has brought into work that surely have milk or eggs in them. Because I'm vegan before six I am now visualizing what total vegan might look like. Who knows? Maybe I'll get there!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you mentioned this book. Now on my reading list!

    ReplyDelete